- The information has been gathered by scientists from the European Space Agency from many satellites with the camera on Earth (other planets too), from all angles.
- This is new gis (global information systems; like Google Earth) technology that is user friendly
- The maps may be downloaded.
- The photos may be downloaded
- The downloads may be used as long as proper citation and credits are given to ESA and/or individuals, and/or groups who own the data.
- We can see with our own eyes how Mother Earth has changed in one small year.
- There are too many benefits to name, this is excellent information for any year of school, from primary to university.
- This is a free and public service from the European Space Agency (www.ESA.int)
Geologists and other scientists are always curious about their changing globe. Making observations of past land maps with the newest issue will be important for they who are working diligently to save their own habitat and eco-systems. The scientists, astronauts, and various others at the ESA, are sharing their love of answering questions by diligent research and testing.
In the media, today March 30, 2011 there is so much propaganda against science and scientists, there is no telling what this means for US students who are being told by their television, that Science is wrong.
The first thing any person learns in a science class is definitions. One of the first definitions we learned is, what is the scientific method? The definition as explained on a grade school level is this:
- Ask a question.
- Come up with some answers to the question. (Hypothesis)
- Say why you think your answers are true.
- Using true measures, refine your answers
- Experiment (cooks do this in the kitchen all the time)
- Research (your findings are going to come out different then you thought at first)
- Testing (refining why results are different)